Truck Driver, Crude - TN2502
Safely and efficiently transports crude oil from suppliers to Western Refining, resulting in crude oil which is delivered cost-effectively and safely, while placing special emphasis on supporting the following Core Values: Unmatched excellence in customer service; Being a flexible, innovative and dedicated employee; Honest and ethical behavior; Wise and productive use of all resources; and Safety in all we do.
- Climbs steep stairs on tanks to measure, sample, and test crude oil to obtain accurate temperature, gravity, BS&W sample, bottoms, and tank gauge information essential for run ticket accuracy.
- Safely operate large body load and pup-type crude transportation units while frequently encountering adverse weather and road conditions
- Account for the purchase of raw materials by accurately preparing run tickets, which are the basis for the payment to suppliers for raw materials. Accuracy of these documents has a direct impact on profitability.
- Take a pro-active role in "Safety In All We Do" by knowing and following all company safety procedures and policies. Attend safety meetings as scheduled.
- Provide "Unmatched Excellence in Customer Service", both internally and externally, in all aspects of the position's responsibilities, treating each customer as if they are "Number 1". Customer service can have a direct impact on the company's crude oil supply.
- Perform pre-trip inspections and maintain constant visual and audio inspection during handling and transporting of hazardous raw materials to ensure safe and efficient delivery of crude oil.
- Follow environmental procedures and regulatory requirements as determined by company policy, while taking a pro-active role in the prevention of environmental contamination.
- Identify and analyze equipment malfunctions, making minor repairs as needed and notifying other company personnel when major repairs are required.
- Follow all company policies and government regulations in the handling and transporting of hazardous raw materials.
- Maintain a current Class A commercial driver's license (CDL) with tanker and hazmat endorsements. Exhibit safe driving habits and keep abreast of new driving regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be able to see to drive truck.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers and customers.
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maintain mobility and stand to load and off-load product.
- Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to load and off-load product, maintain the truck, and enter the cab. Must be able to climb steep stairs on tanks to measure, sample, and test product.
- Heavy physical effort up to 50 pounds.
- Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
Job Reference #: 5000533255906