- No Supervisory experience.
- HS Diploma/GED and or 1-2 years of related experience.
Associate Degree preferred. Experienced individual with excel skills (pivot tables, spreadsheets) and accounting background as well as experience with Access and other databases.
- Industry related experience (oil field, crude, gas background preferred
Performs varied and routine accounting tasks and functions of moderate to complex nature under minimal supervision. Processes and confirms fuel deliveries made to customers in an efficient and timely manner in support of the Fuel Accounting Department.
- Sorts and codes paperwork from drivers to ensure all information matches. Confirms invoices and posts to customer accounts, reviewing each step for accuracy and to avoid credit and rebills.
- Codes bills of lading and enters into inventory to be pulled when confirming invoices. Reviews each step to ensure accuracy and match terminal statements.
- Scans and indexes all paperwork into the paperless filing system. Checks each batch for accessibility and accuracy, using the scanning software.
- Researches all discrepancies on customer accounts, inventory or terminal differences, and accounts payable differences. Understands how to correct any errors and responds back to the appropriate department.
- Reviews and reconciles on a weekly basis all FIFO (first in, first out) inventory to assure that all deliveries have been billed to the customer. Reviews and reconciles on a weekly basis the open order list and post open orders.
- Sorts, copies, faxes, stuffs, stamps, and/or mails all invoices on a daily basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- skills to perform required tasks, such as organizing or proofing data, typing, sorting and distributing mail, or keeping logs.
- Knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including MS Word, Excel, and computerized accounting systems.
- Mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply, or divide for balancing or compiling figures.
- Skills in operating office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, facsimile, copy machine, and document shredder.
- Written communication skill to compose letters, memos, and basic reports.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to provide support to other employees by providing them with accurate information and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and complete job tasks usually completed within one week.
- Ability to identify, define, and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work effectively with general supervisory guidance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Pecos TX Transport Crude - W31,,Texas,79772,United States
Job Reference #: 5000404009106