Transport Mechanic (74303)
Requisition ID: 74303
This mechanic position provides daily preventative and corrective maintenance on our fleet of transports and trailers, as well as shop staff oversight. This position is primarily responsible for maintenance and repair of our finished product transport fleet in the Vinvale/Southgate area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair finished product transport trucks, tankers and semi-trailers.
- Perform all preventative maintenance schedules on all assigned vehicles and/or equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance activities such as oil changes, air filter changes, power steering service, suspension system service, PTO’s, locking rear-ends, brakes, wheel bearings and hubs, electrical system service and miscellaneous maintenance activities as needed.
- Maintain truck shop area, order parts, material, oils, lubricants, shop supplies.
- Coordinate outside repairs on equipment, annual tanker certifications, inspections and documentation.
- Perform or coordinate emergency maintenance, breakdown repairs on fleet vehicles.
- Keep all assigned vehicle maintenance files current including all DOT compliance-related documentation for mechanical work performed on transport vehicles.
- Properly inspect and maintain trailers in compliance with all DOT requirements.
- Supervise shop staff to ensure maximum shop efficiency.
- Use Interactive Workstation and TMT to create internal repair orders, purchase orders and track mechanic’s time.
- Mechanic certification and completion of a 2 year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college with coursework in truck mechanics OR a minimum of 6 years of professional mechanic or technician experience related to diesel engines and semi-trailers in oil and gas operations.
- Must have a Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat, Tanker, Double/Triple endorsements with a clean driving record.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Previous petroleum industry experience is strongly desired.
- Possessing a Class A CDL required.
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance for all vehicles including braking systems and hydraulic and air systems for tractors and trailers.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate shop staff to produce excellent work
- Self motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || South Gate || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-JK1 || |Logistics || 90280 ||
Job Reference #: 74303