Training & Relief Operator
Trains for and learns the position to perform the associated tasks; emergency procedures, routine duties, and Management Of Change (MOC) review including any applicable training elements, product testing procedures and test results response, write-ups, compliance training, to ensure the facility runs safely and as efficiently as possible. Demonstrates and ensures that safety and environmental compliance is in the forefront of decision making, taking precedence to production and schedule.
Major Job Tasks:
- Proactive in safety, ensuring that all safety procedures are followed.
- Actively promotes environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures that safety and environmental compliance is in the forefront in decision making, and before production and schedule.
- Expected to participate in the Behavioral Safety Process and be active in safety initiatives. Housekeeping is a requirement to insure the work area is safe.
- Strives for an incident and injury-free operation. Contributes to investigations in a timely manner and completes corrective action items.
- Pull/catch and test samples and guage tanks.
- Interfaces with various personnel and departments regarding maintenance work plans and equipment issues.
- Works with the Maintenance Department to ensure Preventative Maintenance (Call-ups) and Inspection Program of equipment is being performed and recorded.
- Able to effectively interact with others regardless of work relationship.
- Works effectively in a cross-functional environment with a variety of technical, operations, and support groups.
- Ensures training is current as per the PSM regulation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 0-12 months related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must provide authorization to review MVR and is subject to company insurability requirements.
- Must comply with OSHA Respiratory Protection guidelines and the company respiratory protection program which includes a medical evaluation and fit test to determine the ability to wear a respirator. Must be able to don appropriate respiratory equipment to protect the employee whenever respirators are required.
Gallup NM Refinery - GR208,,New Mexico,87347,United States
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 5000396355006