Terminal Operator - Wilmington, CA (74662)
Requisition ID: 74662
Responsible for safe operation and regular daily functions to operate a petroleum products terminal. Performs periodic measurements to assure accurate stock volumes are tracked and recorded. Coordinates and works with Operations, Engineering and Maintenance to assure compliance and safe working environments via open dialog, training and collaboration
- Performs duties to assure the receipt, storage and quality testing of finished petroleum products.
- Maintains and/oversees maintenance of the terminal facility, including the truck rack, tank farm, secondary containment systems, additive tanks, vapor recovery units, warehouse and office.
- Performs tank level gauging via electronic and manual methods.
- Accounts for terminal product inventories.
- Interacts with customers to assist in receipt of product loads.
- Inspects terminal facility to assure safe working conditions, communicate any safety concerns.
- Explains and conveys safety plans and procedures to visitors, vendors, agency officials, customers and Tesoro employees from other facilities.
- Interacts with local emergency response officials, property owners and local Fire Departments.
- Reviews and maintains knowledge of Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS).
- Prevents and minimizes emissions and waste generation by inspections, observations and proper maintenance.
- Manages hazardous waste, as generated, in compliance with all regulations.
- Alerts all appropriate individuals - inside and outside the Company - of any emergency situation as provided in Emergency Response Plans, Facility Contingency Plans, or Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures Plans (SPCC).
- Performs inspections for environmental compliance as directed.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years of prior experience and demonstrated dependability in the work environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with co-workers, contractors, vendors and customers
- Knowledge of standard word processing, spreadsheet computer software. Knowledge of intranet and internet navigation.
- Strong problem solving, organization and deductive reasoning skills.
- Self motivated and self managing.
- Willing and able to work extended and unusual hours as operations dictate.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Wilmington || California || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 90744 ||
Job Reference #: 74662