Terminal Operator II (74843)
Requisition ID: 74843
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Anchorage Ocean dock Terminal. Operators handle the transport of bulk hydrocarbon in and out the facility via pipeline, marine vessel, tank truck and rail car. Employee will be required to work on rotating shifts, both day and night.
- Working with other Terminal personnel and alone when required. Operators have the responsibility for the safe operation of the Terminal while on shift.
- Will be trained in railcar operations, i.e. - inspecting, loading, and safely moving railcars around the facility while complying with all FRA and DOT regulations.
- Will be trained to meet the requirements of Person in Charge (PIC) to perform product transfers across the Port of Anchorage fuel dock.
- Will be trained to set up and monitor tank to tank transfers as well as inbound and outbound pipelines. This includes, but is not limited to; starting pumps, observing pressure gauges, and opening and closing valves for receipt and discharge of product.
- Ensure buildings and grounds are always kept in a clean orderly manner.
- Maintain timely and accurate communications between Terminal activities, pipeline operations, and the neighboring Terminals.
- Obtains inventory data by using proper gauging and recording procedures and computes information on the proper forms.
- This individual will be trained to respond to Terminal emergencies as outlined in the Contingency Plan.
- Will receive training to obtain product samples and perform gravity conversions.
- Maintain proper records and provide accurate turn-overs to the next shift.
- Will receive training necessary to operate terminal equipment and truck loading rack within their design limitations.
- Will be trained on Andeavor procedures for preparing worksites for safe work by recognizing and eliminating hazards.
- Performs required checks and preventative maintenance of valves, pumps, packing, piping etc. and painting of terminal components and structures as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma required
- 3+ years Oil Industry experience preferred.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts - day and night.
- A valid Driver’s license is required; Driving safety is mandatory at all times and a condition of employment in accordance with Tesoro Vehicle Safety Policy
- Must have basic computer skills (including Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work unscheduled Overtime
- The successful candidate must be committed to learning new skills and complete the Skills Development Training Program training required for the assigned job
- Successful candidate must obtain a US TWIC card within 3 months of placement in this role.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Anchorage || Alaska || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 99501 ||
Job Reference #: 74843