Terminal Operations Support Specialist (75184)
Requisition ID: 75184
Conduct continuous monitoring of pipeline, truck and rail terminal system conditions and invoke operational changes within established guidelines to operate these systems on a 12-hour shift rotation.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor and analyze pipeline system conditions to formulate appropriate action plans, which shall maintain security of service at the highest efficiency level within established system operational constraints and dispatching procedures.
2. Understand pipeline emergency procedures to effectively analyze and react to pipeline emergency situations.
3. Responsible for coordinating after hour emergency line locates.
4. Conduct configuration changes and operate pipeline control equipment as necessary to accommodate pipeline projects, supply disruptions, nomination changes and maintain required coordination with marketing personnel, interconnecting pipeline companies, producers and rail terminal personnel.
5. Monitor oil quality to ensure compliance within established limits.
6. Assist in calculating pipeline system capacity and review transportation requests to ensure maximization of throughput while maintaining system integrity.
7. Proficiently operate the computer-based SCADA system and leak detection software and maintain measurement parameters to ensure accuracy of data required to monitor the pipeline system.
8. Monitor and accurately update measurement parameters to ensure electronic custody data is at it highest achievable level of accuracy.
9. Maintain daily log sheets to complement any SCADA generated reports to provide a comprehensive record of dispatching activity.
10. Receive and facilitate response to company facility security alarms.
11. Perform any special task that may be assigned which contributes to the achievement of the company’s strategic objectives.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- One year mechanical or pipeline operational experience preferred.
- Good human relations and communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Fryburg || North Dakota || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 58622 ||
Job Reference #: 75184