Terminal Asphalt Operator (Bakersfield, CA)
*This work location for this position will be based out of Bakersfield, CA (1201 China Grade Lp. Bakersfield, CA. 92208).
Continue with training begun as Entry, "C", and "B" Operator and also successfully complete the A Operator Progression Advancement metric. Train and perform assigned tasks as outlined in the Progression Advancement Metric
- Fully understand all aspects of the O&M requirements for the Terminal;
- Act as Terminal Manager in his absence
- Identify problem areas and give input and make needed corrections. Troubleshoot and take appropriate corrective actions as needed;
- Supervise on-site contractors;
- Control and coordinate rack and rail for receipt and distribution of products;
- Be able to respond to highway emergency;
- Perform repairs on valves and pumping systems unassisted;
- Maintain normal operating logs;
- Train fellow employees on general tasks.
- Perform product receipt operations necessary to facilitate the safe and timely receipt of products via pipeline, tank truck, and rail car.
- Work, train, and qualify for the next Operator classification
- Fully understand and efficiently operate the loading rack computer control system.
- Perform the necessary sampling and testing of product stored in the terminal and as it is received into the terminal. Maintain current records of test results.
- Conduct Safe Work Practices (SWP) and Standard Operation Procedure reviews.
- Conduct Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) reviews
- Perform regular inspections of facility equipment and maintain facility equipment in safe working order. Report all maintenance issues to the Lead/Senior Operator or management immediately. Keep the facility free of litter, debris or weeds. Clean/wash the truck loading rack equipment/pad as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including MS Word and Excel.
- Mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, facsimile, copy machine, and document shredder
- kill in operating various hand tools, such as wrench and screwdriver.
- Written communication skill to compose letters, memos, and basic reports.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to read and understand documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to respond appropriately in the event of a product spill.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to provide support to other employees by providing them with accurate information and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over the course of a month including identification of resources, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up activities.
- Ability to identify, define, and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work effectively with general supervisory guidance.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must meet company insurability requirements.
Job Reference #: 5000400495806