TAR Cost Analyst (74821)
Requisition ID: 74821
Works closely with project management staff, project team and internal and external stakeholders to monitor and report on capital project estimates, schedules cost and forecasts. Provides support for project controls methodologies and systems to ensure conformance with established standards and procedures.
- Interfaces with Information Technology and corporate finance/accounting groups to ensure proper capture of cost data from enterprise accounting systems and integration into project controls systems.
- Interfaces with project team to ensure adherence with project work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Analyzes cost trends, cost risks and change requests for impact on project costs. Collaborates with project team to understand spend performance. Reviews commitments and expenditures against budget. Ensures understanding of cost drivers through regular interface with project team and contractors.
- Develops forecasts and updates project cost reports and cash flows. Analyzes contractor cost reports and forecasts for accuracy. Communicates budget and forecast exposures and impacts on timely basis to project management.
- Interfaces with contractors to ensure timely and accurate capture of project cost. Reviews and reconciles project invoices, timesheets, contract compliance and payments.
- Assists with monitoring and evaluating contingency forecasts based on risk assessment and project performance.
- High school or GED required.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, accounting, business, project management or construction management preferred.
- Project cost certifications such as Certified Cost Professional (AACE International) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ broad project controls or related experience in cost experience in heavy industry required.
- Project cost experience industry experience (upstream, midstream or downstream) preferred.
- Able to review and analyze schedules and understand detailed tasks, dependencies, resources, milestones dates.
- Able to access project financial data and integrate in project cost systems for project reporting purposes.
- Able to support project change process.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Engineering; Refinery Operations || 90810 ||
Job Reference #: 74821