Supervisor, Logistics Accounting (74621)
Requisition ID: 74621
Supervisory, Logistic Accounting
Supervises accounting staff responsible for vetting transportation costs and revenue associated with movement of crude and refined products. Supervises the analysis, communication, and system entry of transportation costs and revenue for crude/refined product acquisition through delivery. Bridges Front Office budgeting, planning, and operations to Back Office settlement and analysis (A/P and Financial Reporting). Analyzes transportation costs and revenue.
- Monitors vetting of transportation costs and revenue associated with movement of crude/refined products. Reviews inspection reports, pipeline statements, and terminalling agreements to identify and segregate components of transportation fees, such as shipping charges, terminal fees, and tariffs. Ensures revenue and charges are substantiated by appropriate documentation and reported following generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Supervises information exchange needed for accounts payable in assigning charges to SAP purchase orders and revenue to sales orders. Ensures invoices are coded timely and accurately.
- Supervises invoice reconciliation accomplished by comparing actual volumes transported, published tariffs, and contractual terms. Facilitates interaction with the Commercial and Logistics groups to research and resolve discrepancies. Communicates variances and makes recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Provides management actionable accounting analysis to enable transportation cost control. Identifies cost drivers and recommends cost reduction opportunities. Provides analysis to explain variances between forecasted and actual transportation expenditures and revenue.
- Provides supervision and project leadership for process improvement activities and other initiatives that support corporate goals and strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of an Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting associated with petroleum refining transportation, logistics and/or supply chain management is required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 74621