Supervisor, Drivers (75021)
Requisition ID: 75021
Northern Tier Bakery, LLC dba SuperMom’s, a division of Andeavor has a full-time opening for a Supervisor, Drivers, a salaried exempt position which reports to the Manager, Drivers. The Supervisor, Driver will be responsible for backfill for the Manager, Drivers, when needed. Additional responsibilities will include assisting in scheduling company delivery operations for delivery to SuperAmerica retail stores and working closely with the respective operations including operations management, drivers and customers to ensure maximization of delivery efficiencies. This is a second shift position and will require rotation onto and off of weekends.
- Enforce and monitor that drivers are operating in a safe and DOT compliant manner
- Create work schedules, ensuring coverage of each route
- Create, organize and conduct monthly safety training meetings
- Monitor and control Peoplenet on board computer log reports
- Coach and develop each transport driver by demonstrating skills and participating in route ride along and unobserved audits on a regular basis
- Act as a backup driver in the event of an emergency or accident
- Communicate and cooperate with all supervisors and department heads. Keep manager apprised of any problems or potential problems
- Maintain positive employee relations
- Serve as a backup for compliance duties including DOT file management and scheduling trucks for maintenance
- Understand operating expenses and track the business performance against its approved budget
- Assist in selection, development and training of effective and efficient drivers
- Arrange for necessary repairs to restore service and schedules
Education and Experience
- Class B license
- Working knowledge of DOT and OSHA compliance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience supervising drivers
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office including PowerPoint
- Mechanical skills including minor mechanical adjustments on the trucks as well as electrical work
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presenting to a group of people
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Saint Paul || Minnesota || United States (US) || SF:LI-JC-1 || |Logistics; Marketing; Retail || 55071 ||
Job Reference #: 75021