Supervisor, Accounting - AP (74706)
Requisition ID: 74706
Supervisor, Accounts Payable
Responsible for the overall direction and control of the account payable function including accuracy of payments, resolving vendor disputes in a timely manner and ensuring compliance with company policies, and all applicable rules and regulations.
- Oversees the activities of Accounts Payable staff, all within direction of accounting functions.
- Monitors and analyzes specific accounts payable operations, such as invoice research and follow-up, problem documentation, standardization of input.
- Provides substantial interface with internal and external customers, third party vendors, project teams and cross functional mangers/directors.
- Prepares records, verifies, analyzes and reports accounts payable transactions. Maintains and reconciles accounts payable ledger accounts and reports.
- Supervises invoice processing and payment. Examines invoices processed to ensure proper matching of purchasing and receiving documents, proper distribution to general ledger expense accounts, timely and accurate payments.
- Develops, directs, plans and evaluates accounts payable policies and procedures. Maintains consistency of adherence to accounts payable goals; establishes and communicates standard operating procedures.
- Reviews work of accounts payable staff to ensure payables are properly documented, and properly approved.
- Manages accounts payable aging analysis and reconciliation efforts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Accounting or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with an ERP system is required, preferably SAP.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 74706