Superintendent, Safety (75426)
Requisition ID: 75426
Manages development, implementation and compliance auditing of safety-related policies and programs to ensure facility’s compliance with regulatory and company requirements. Oversees development and execution of turnaround safety plan.
- Manages refinery’s safety-related programs to ensure facility’s compliance with regulatory and company requirements. Supervises safety compliance worksite inspection and auditing program. Ensures timely closure to outstanding deficiencies. Provides assistance to facility with implementation of corporate safety standards, best practices and safety program requirements.
- Manages development and delivery of safety related training to refinery personnel. Maintains accurate and current records on qualifications.
- Stays abreast of federal/state/local legislative developments with respect to safety matters impacting refinery. Reviews and interprets safety-related regulations. Makes recommendations and oversees development of plans to address related issues.
- Stewards safety review of engineering projects to identify management of change (MOC) requirements.
- Shares on-call responsibilities to support Emergency Operations Center during off hours emergencies.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Undergraduate in industrial hygiene, industrial safety or related safety discipline preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ operations, maintenance and/or safety experience in refining industry required.
- Safety program management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification strongly preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || St. Paul Park || Minnesota || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 55071 ||
Job Reference #: 75426