Superintendent, Environmental (76804)
Requisition ID: 76804
Supervises refinery’s Environmental group in assuring compliance with all environmental rules, regulations and permits. Ensures the development and implementation of programs that maintain and enhance environmental compliance. Manages environmental programs ensuring regulatory requirements are incorporated into operating and construction permits, compliance programs, and operational activities. Oversees permit acquisitions, process surveillance, air and water quality studies, and environmental recordkeeping and reporting.
- Provides technical leadership for timely and accurate preparation of documents such as agency correspondences, permit applications, emission calculations reports, and audits in accordance with state/federal standards.
- Develops and maintains refinery’s regulatory compliance strategy. Develops and delivers effective environmental training programs. Actively drives for continuous improvement for all compliance programs.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships throughout Marathon’s Refining organization and with regulatory agency staff. Interfaces with regulatory agency inspectors, compliance officers, and management.
- Coordinates with Legal and Corporate teams on issues such as reportable releases, malfunctions, compliance findings, notices to comply or other related actions.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory compliance initiatives, changes or enforcement practices through networking with Corporate teams, industry groups and government agencies.
- Manages environmental staff. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective actions when appropriate; accountable for fair and uniform application of human resources policies.
- Provides permitting services and environmental review for Refining and Logistics projects. Ensures that regulatory requirements are met at all project stages. Supports refinery departments with negotiation strategies for complex permit conditions with regulatory agencies. Advocates permit conditions consistent with operational needs and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree required. Chemical or Environmental engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years environmental experience in petrochemical industry required.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Kenai || Alaska || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 99611 ||
Job Reference #: 76804