Superintendent, Emergency Response (73961)
Requisition ID: 73961
Ensures refinery is prepared to safely and effectively respond to emergency situations in the refinery minimizing exposure to personnel, the community, and the environment, as well as to minimize damage to the plant. Interfaces with management at all levels within the company and with agency personnel responding to emergencies.
- Leads and directs planning and preparation for refinery emergency response activities. Responsible for activities of 200+ member fire brigades. As designated represents refinery and serves as primary liaison with municipal and county fire departments coordinating emergency response drills and issues related to facility risk/emergency response.
- Responsible for field activities during emergencies. May provide leadership to emergency response personnel during emergencies as designated by Incident Commander.
- Provides technical advice on risk management issues related to fire protection and emergency preparedness and response. Assesses risk potential and response capabilities for likely situations. Recommends solutions to improve response capability that will assure safety of employees and public as well as minimize loss. Participates in incident investigations as required.
- Develops and approves training programs and curriculum for emergency response team ensuring conformance to applicable standards such as, but not limited to, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Provides technical review and guidance for proposed improvements to emergency systems and equipment such as firewater system, and fixed response equipment. Maintains equipment inventory list with design performance specifications. Coordinates inspection and testing of emergency response equipment (such as fire trucks, trailers, pumps, fire protection systems, safety equipment) to ensure compliance with local fire code requirements and NFPA standards.
- Develops, documents and maintains up-to-date emergency response programs and procedures, and unit specific emergency pre-plans ensuring compliance with applicable government regulations.
- As designated represents company to local municipal response agencies and mutual aid organizations.
- Manages and leads staff. Initiates selection, promotion and corrective actions when appropriate. Accountable for fair and uniform application of personnel policies.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Undergraduate degree in fire science or engineering preferred.
- Certification in NFPA 1081 Industrial Exterior Fire Brigade Training preferred.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in refinery operations and/or emergency response required.
- Broad working knowledge of refinery processes and systems.
- Requires ability to access refinery equipment requiring use of stairs and/or ladders.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Gallup || New Mexico || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 87301 ||
Job Reference #: 73961