Summer 2019 Intern, Mechanical Engineering (Multiple Locations) (75546)
Requisition ID: 75546
Discipline: Mechanical Engineering
Duration: Summer 2019
Hours Per Week: 40
Location: Operational Locations
Interns will gain practical, hands-on experience and training that will provide an opportunity for growth, learning and development within the Refining, Logistics and Marketing industry. Interns will contribute to project-driven work and/or daily operational responsibilities in support of one of the following Business Units:
- Refining (Process, Process Controls, Maintenance, Reliability & Integrity)
- Environmental, Health, Safety & Security
Through orientation and professional development offerings, Interns will gain exposure to the above mentioned Business Units and the industry while engaging in goal setting, performance reviews and networking.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree program majoring in mechanical engineering
- 3.0 minimum GPA strongly preferred
- Preferred Classification: Junior or Senior
- Anticipated Graduation: December 2019 / May 2020
- Willing to relocate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Detail-oriented; effective time management and organization
- Customer focused; demonstrated professionalism and initiative
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:NONE || |Engineering; Students & Recent Graduates || 78259 ||
Job Status: Internship, Seasonal
Job Reference #: 75546