Sr SAP Basis Administrator (75542)
Requisition ID: 75542
The Senior SAP Basis Administrator, IT, is responsible for performing SAP Basis and Database Administration tasks and leading Basis Administrators and DBAs in managing the SAP and non-SAP systems supported.
- Performs SAP software application installation, configuration, integration, upgrade, Unicode conversion, enhancement-pack deployment; support pack and kernel patch updates, running on HANA, Oracle and SQL database systems.
- Provides support for multiple SAP landscapes, including ABAP, Java, and dual-stack systems, utilizing standardized operating practices to perform system refreshes, client copies, performance monitoring, tuning, OSS-note application, backup and restoration of SAP database systems, application proof of concept, capacity planning, and capacity management.
- Contributes in SAP or Database related infrastructure design including server requirements, storage requirements, high-availability planning, and disaster-recovery capability testing.
- Monitors, analyzes, identifies, and responds to trends in system performance and resource utilization with SAP technology stack. Works with the required teams to identify database, hardware, software, or network-failure scenarios, to determine root cause, and to assist in resolution of issues discovered.
- Provides in-depth expertise in technical and operational support of multiple components of SAP systems and in integration with OS, DB, server, network layers, and interfaces with third-party products.
- Collaborates across IT groups including data base administration, Data Center, system administration, network, functional, development, and security teams to assist in driving solutions in support of all SAP technical operations and strategy.
- Defines, creates, reviews, updates, and maintains standard-operational-procedure documentation relating to SAP application support and processes.
- Contributes in change control meetings, monthly maintenance activities (Production and Non-production monthly maintenance), and rotational 24x7 on- call Basis support.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Basis Administrator supporting SAP systems
- Minimum 4 years’ experience (inclusive within the overall SAP experience) in administration of ECC 6.0
- Minimum 3 years’ experience (inclusive) with at least three of the following: SAP applications: PI, BW, HANA, SLT, Data Services, Business Objects, CLM, GRC, Enterprise Portal, Solution Manager
- Minimum 3 years’ experience (inclusive) in SAP system refreshes, OSS Note application, performance monitoring, and tuning
- Minimum 3 years’ experience (inclusive) in administration of ABAP and Java stacks of various SAP modules
- Minimum 3 years’ experience (inclusive) in rotational 24x7 schedules for on-call Basis support
- Minimum 1 year’s experience with Unix versions like SLES and RHEL.
- Preferable - 1 year’s experience with at least 2 of the following: S/4 HANA, BW/4HANA, Fiori, SAP HCI and SAP HCP. Fiori expertise is a plus.
- Preferable - 1 year’s experience (inclusive) in Redwood’s Scheduler, such as BPA.
- Preferable - 2 years’ experience (inclusive) as DBA in supporting SAP environment on Oracle 11g or SQL Server 2012 databases or higher versions.
- SAP NetWeaver Certification
- SAP Certified Technology Specialist in HANA
- Oracle Certification for Database Administration
- Microsoft Certified DBA in SqlServer
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2 || |Information Technology || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 75542