Sr. Regulatory Compliance Specialist (74001)
Requisition ID: 74001
This position holder is responsible for ensuring that the company’s pipeline systems are operated and maintained in a safe manner and in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and rules. This position develops and maintains pipeline safety regulatory compliance programs and assists pipeline field operations with compliance and risk mitigation. This position provides expert consultation to engineering and operations personnel on regulatory requirements and works to ensure that operations are conducted within the risk profile of the company.
- Provides oversight and strategic direction to Tesoro’s pipeline safety programs, which include the Operations and Maintenance Manuals, Control Room Management Plan, Operator Qualification Program, and Public Awareness Program.
- Maintains and updates pipeline safety programs to ensure continuing compliance with regulations and industry standards.
- Provides compliance support and technical expertise to regional pipeline operations personnel regarding pipeline safety regulations.
- Serves as a liaison with pipeline regulatory agencies and represents Tesoro during agency interactions, inspections, and enforcement proceedings.
- Conducts self-audits of logistics assets to ensure pipeline regulatory compliance and proper risk management methods are in place and functioning properly.
Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering, natural or physical science, or other related discipline required.
- Seven years of experience in the pipeline, petroleum, government regulatory agency or consulting industries focusing on the area of pipeline regulatory compliance, integrity management, and/or operations.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining pipeline safety regulatory programs preferred.
- Experience interacting with the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Administration (PHMSA) is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in writing and maintaining regulatory programs, standards, and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to analyze regulations and identify and succinctly communicate applicable requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate in interactions with regulatory agencies, Engineering and Operations staff, and Management
- Project management skills/ability to identify, assign, track, and drive action items through completion
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Salt Lake City || Utah || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 84103 ||
Job Reference #: 74001