Sr. QA Testing Analyst (75482)
Requisition ID: 75482
Responsible for developing the planning, design, and execution of complex system testing on implementations across multiple client engagements. Works with both business unit teams and technical teams to establish and implement quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles. Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization.
- Creates and executes detailed test plans and test cases to support new product development and enhancements; ensures successful test cycles by tracking and resolving defects and issues with application developers (internal or external).
- Works closely with developers to create test specifications/conditions and build basic to complex test cases to rigorously test product functionality and investigate all potential product test failures.
- Performs data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop test scenarios. Triages and troubleshoots user-reported system defects; assists customers in various system troubleshooting, balancing, and correction efforts including analysis, verification, and validation of issues and fixes.
- Communicates test results to project teams (internal and external) in a clear and comprehensive manner to aid in resolution.
- Utilizes collaborative technology for efficiency and standardization of test scripts and scenarios.
- Performs knowledge transfer and fosters change management by collaboration and execution of process standards developed by partner teams: Governance, Change Management, and Application Support.
- Coordinates activities including on-time delivery, testing, production moves, and follows up when necessary. Works as technical support and liaison to designated IT-personnel to provide testing support, feedback on enhancement requests, and regular updates/releases. Adhere to release schedules.
- Provides quality assurance support for critical corporate initiatives including business function support for systems migrations and consolidations, significant business area process improvement projects, and complete product installation.
- Cross trains and mentors peers and junior staff as required to support new designs.
- Remains current on emerging technologies and provide recommendations based on business needs.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information System, Computer Science or related field of study required.
- Software Engineering Institute (SEI), Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) certifications preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality assurance role including: process definition, release management monitoring, QA application testing, and defect tracking required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an IT qualitative role required.
- Experience testing applications in an SAP Environment required.
- Minimum 3 years of downstream oil and gas experience preferred.
- Previous experience working with manual and automated function/regression test design and execution with emphasis in policy administration systems/applications a plus.
- Experience with design and development of test cases based upon system specifications documentation desired.
- Proven analytical/technical aptitude with excellent problem solving skills required
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2 || |Information Technology || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 75482