Shift Leader SuperAmerica
Provides customer service leadership/direction for entire store while on duty and assists in overseeing the efficient retail operation in accordance with Company policies and in compliance with Federal, State and Local laws. Ensures the store maximizes sales and profits while maintaining asset control.
Works in tandem with the Store Manager ("SM") or independently to ensure shift leadership within the Command Center or on the sales floor and is available to customers and employees at all applicable times.
- Monitors customer flow and interrupts all other work activities when customer service is required.
- Customer Interaction: Consciously works to create positive customer interactions and shows a willingness to go above and beyond when the situation demands.
- Understands, actively demonstrates and promotes the principles of our vision statement.
- Conforms to dress codes and appearance standards to make the customer feel comfortable and welcome. This includes grooming, cleanliness, uniform policy, eating, drinking and smoking policy and overall professional appearance consistent with policy.
- Addresses customer concerns immediately; seeks appropriate resolution for the situation following SuperAmerica guidelines. Does not stop until the customer is satisfied.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; knows how to handle all transactions (i.e. cash, check, credit cards, EBT, etc.) and related programs (i.e. gift cards, money orders, coupons, lottery, My SA Rewards Card, etc.).
- Maintains a pleasant attitude when dealing with customers, vendors and coworkers.
- Store Appearance: Creates an atmosphere that welcomes customers and makes them want to return to our stores.
- Promotes and maintains a clean and organized store appearance inside and out by leading CSR's in completion of all shift assignments.
- Effectively supervises plan-o-gram integrity to promote a customer friendly visual presentation.
- Ensures proper signage is in place to feature all advertised and promoted items.
- Ensures all items are priced consistently and updated on a timely basis as needed.
- Product Availability/Inventory Management: Ensures products are in-stock, in date, and available for the customer's purchase.
- Understands the benefit of minimizing back stock and actively assists in managing back stock.
- Orders products, verifies deliveries, and posts accurate invoices.
- Audits inventory on a regular basis and develops staff to manage accurate on-hand quantities.
- Ensures all merchandising and marketing programs are executed properly.
- Ensures each shift is properly facing and rotating products and adding back stock to displays as needed.
- Trains associates on ordering products, verifying deliveries and posting accurate invoices.
Leadership of Staff
- Provides leadership to store personnel during required hours, typically opposite shifts from the SM, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays. In the Store Manager's absence, must be available to take and respond to phone calls or report to the store outside of regular work hours.
- Employee Interaction:
- Fosters a collaborative, friendly, fun work environment.
- Creates excitement around store contests and motivates associates to drive sales goals.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's and the organization's intentions.
- Follows through on commitments and sets the right example for others to follow.
- Serves as a mentor to new employees and models appropriate workplace behavior.
- Helps to build confidence by assisting and empowering staff to make correct decisions.
- Treats people fairly with dignity and respect.
- Assists SM in fostering personal encouragement through recognizing and rewarding good performance.
- Individual is autonomous and seeks out responsibility, and is held accountable for results both good and bad.
- Seeks to solve the problem or correct the action.
- Delegates both responsibility and authority when appropriate, and follows up to ensure proper completion.
- Reports all time worked, on or off site, for appropriate compensation.
- Continually trains on the principles and importance of delivering warm, friendly service.
- Identifies and attracts outgoing, customer-focused individuals to build the Customer Driven workforce.
- Ensures all applications are forwarded to recruiting centers on a daily basis, when applicable.
- Trains on the fundamentals behind being a Customer Service Expert, specifically:
- Creating positive customer interactions.
- Fostering willingness to go above and beyond to resolve customer service issues and prevent future occurrences when the situation demands.
- Promotes the principles of SuperAmerica's commitment statement.
- Empowers employees to address customer concerns immediately and until the customer is satisfied within their authority.
- Trains and maintains food experts to support the overall food effort while engaging the entire staff to complete food related duties as necessary.
- Assists SM/Co-Manager in developing leaders, empowering employees and increasing employees' levels of productivity.
- Keeps associates engaged, motivated and promotes a sense of ownership through continued training on customer perceptions, products, and promotions.
- Encourages feedback.
- Utilizes available tools to train employees and improve execution.
Health, Environment, Safety & Security
- Demonstrates a high value for HES issues, initiatives and programs in both personal and organizational responsibilities.
- Integrates HES into day-to-day job performance. Maintains a safe environment for all customers, employees and self. Understands how to handle customer and employee injuries, incidents and accidents.
- Adheres to and trains associates on all applicable laws related to the sales of age restricted products, alcohol beverages, tobacco and fuel products.
- Responds quickly to all emergencies for the safety and security of customers and employees and notifies the proper authorities as required.
Execution of Store Functions
- Sales Focus:
- Ensures proper signage and pricing are in place to stimulate customer purchase frequency.
- Ensures items are displayed properly per the merchandising and marketing program.
- Food Focus
- Ensures food service products are fresh and appealing by front facing and rotating products appropriately and removing out-of-date products.
- Cleans and maintains food service area to make a lasting impression on the customer.
- Is familiar with and actively participates in improving Food Service Programs for repeat purchases.
- Follows and complies with all health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
- Runs/manages the POS when Customers are ready to make purchases.
- Assists on sales floor and outdoors with product stocking, cleaning, etc. to ensure store appearance supports the principles of our commitment statement.
- Conducts area pricing surveys (requiring the Shift Leader to drive his or her own vehicle), reports the results and adjusts the price as directed.
- Determines the amount of fuel products on hand through established procedures.
- Encourages the use of approved tools to ensure work is challenging with a variety of tasks.
- Maintains work orders, cleans equipment to improve customer satisfaction and relies on problem solving skills when requests are not completed.
- Determines the amount of fuel products on hand through established procedures.
- Accurately completes the Daily Sales Report, payroll, bank deposit slips and other paperwork as required.
- Follows all banking procedures and policy.
- Performs and supervises all minor maintenance tasks and supports procedures for additional repairs/maintains work orders to eliminate inconvenience to the customer.
- Asset Control
- Minimizes preventable losses through employee development.
- Adheres to and trains associates on all policies on operating pump controls, cash register, taking money and credit cards and making correct change.
- Observes customers at the pumps and inside the store, answers questions and assures that products are properly dispensed and purchased.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management.
- Is at least 18 years of age (due to state laws governing alcohol sales).
- Understands, actively demonstrates and promotes the principles of SuperAmerica's commitment statement.
- Exhibits leadership/people development skills and a desire to succeed.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of the store operation and proficiency to perform the listed job responsibilities.
- Completion of all required training classes.
- Willing and available to work a variety of shifts consistent with the demands of the retail environment.
- 2 years Retail/Customer Service or Shift Leader experience
- Ability to perform repeatedly and for extended periods of time: bending, standing, reaching, climbing, twisting/turning, pushing/pulling, squatting/kneeling/stooping, walking, and grasping.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
6950 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Center MN - SA 3192,Brooklyn Center,Minnesota,55429-1368,United States
Job Reference #: 5000330522906