Senior Safety Specialist - Contractor Safety (73901)
Requisition ID: 73901
The Lead Contractor Safety Specialist provides contractor management support and consultation to Andeavor Logistics operations. Manages contractor safety support in all aspects of the logistics business including pipelines, terminals, gathering, gas plants, trucking and rail operations. Implements programs that reduces contractor injuries and mitigates safety risk. Supports logistics line management by implementing procedures and work processes that comply with government requirements, Andeavor contractor safety standards, and industry best practices.
- Provides leadership, direction and support and is accountable to ensure contractor safety programs and processes drive year over year continuous improvement of safety performance.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and Andeavor safety requirements and is accountable to provide quality guidance and support on all Health and Safety regulatory compliance matters.
- Contributes to Logistics Project health and safety strategy. Understands what contractor work are occurring and works with regional staff in conducting field monitoring and assurance of life critical safety procedures (permit to work, hot work, confined space, excavation, control of hazardous energy, etc.) and providing immediate feedback to employees and management.
- Coordinates regular meeting with contractor and Logistics leadership to evaluate contractor performance.
- Coordinates regional contractor safety networks by working with operations and contractors in driving safety performance improvements.
- In coordination with Supply Chain and Contract Sponsors, supports the evaluation and onboarding of new contractors.
- Conducts assurance of contractor safety performance.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering or advanced degree (Master's) Safety required.
- CIH or CSP preferred but not required.
- Minimum 7 years engineering, health & safety experience in oil and gas and or petrochemical industry required.
- Advance knowledge and experience with OSHA regulations required.
- Working knowledge of other OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Midland || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 79705 ||
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 73901