Senior Safety Specialist (74681)
Requisition ID: 74681
Promotes safe working environment by ensuring compliance with Company safety procedures/policies and State & Federal safety regulations. Provides safety support to refinery operations and maintenance activities. Responsible for providing day-to-day and long-term support on safety issues and emergency response efforts. Responsible for regulatory interpretation, and developing compliance strategies to meet applicable regulations requirements. Requires close interaction with Operations and Maintenance personnel, and regulators.
1. Inspects and maintains emergency response equipment (10%)
2. Provides safety and emergency related training (20%)
3. Participates on incident/accident investigation teams (5%)
4. Acts as member of Command Staff during emergency (5%)
5. Participates in maintenance, project and turnaround planning (20%)
6. Coordinates Industrial Hygiene monitoring/sampling activities in area of responsibility (10%)
7. Write and/or update Health and Safety related procedures and policies (20%)
8. Serves as a mentor and/or a resource to less experienced employees and is able to explain ideas and concepts to them. (10%)
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in safety, health or related discipline or equivalent experience typically required.
- Minimum 5 years petrochemical industry experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-functional environment.
- Oral and written communication
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of refinery safety and emergency policies/procedures, WISHA/OSHA, and DOT regulations relative to refinery operations.
- Proficiency in MS office software.
- Capable of obtaining a Commercial Drivers License.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: ??|| Anacortes || Washington || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 98233 ||
Job Reference #: 74681