Senior Project Engineer-Logistics (76062)
Requisition ID: 76062
Manages all aspects of assigned projects including project scope, estimate, schedule, engineering design, equipment sizing, material selection, project bidding, contractor selection, construction oversight, management of change, safety and environmental oversight and all other project tasks that relate to gas/liquid processing facilities. Supports multiple capital and expense projects simultaneously within budget and schedule.
- Collaborate with affected departments during gated Front-End Loading (Apprise, Select and Define stages where projects are initiated, concepts selected and front-end definitions developed) to vet resource estimates, schedules, business benefits, environmental/health/safety impacts.
- Participate in technical reviews to ensure detailed engineering meets corporate and industry standards.
- Develop project feasibility and economic analysis.
- Prepare decision support packages for review and approval by management.
- Execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Navigate through complex regulatory issues and identify project support needs and adjust accordingly to execute projects in allotted time and budget.
- Collaborate with Project Controls on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, schedule management etc.) so that project resources are optimized.
- Conduct productivity analysis to identify and resolve critical variances so that project can achieve established objectives.
- Coordinates with Procurement in development of contracting plan, including engineering and execution resources.
- Identify risk factors and ranks as of level of threat posed to project's success during technical and location-oriented risk assessment.
- Develop and implements risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
- Maintains accurate and current project documentation.
- Develop start-up manuals, operating and emergency response procedures, training materials, etc.
- Design complex systems and evaluate multiple options that consider cost and timing of construction.
- Subject matter expert in the design and specification of most types of equipment utilized in processing plants such as compressors, pumps, exchangers, filters, separators, control valves, etc.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Facilities Design and Project Management within the oil and gas industry is required.
- Previous experience with construction, gas plant operations is preferred
- Expertise in process design and control.
- Strong knowledge of ISA standards and symbols.
- Expert in many codes and standards such as ASME and API. Ability to perform design calculations.
- Working knowledge of process modeling software such as HYSYS and ProMax to build, troubleshoot and optimize plant designs.
- Ability to quickly understand new facilities or systems with limited information (e.g. a set of P&ID's and a Material Energy Balance).
- Ability to utilize project management tools to track project schedule and cost and to identify potential issues early in project cycle.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Denver || Colorado || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 80202 ||
Job Reference #: 76062