Senior Project Cost Estimator (74083)
Requisition ID: 74083
Provides cost estimating support throughout projects’ life cycle.
- Administers and coordinates cost estimating activities under direction of project management. Develops estimating approach and plan for each project subject to Project Manager approval.
- Prepares estimates including estimate basis, execution plans, summary, information and reports. Reviews quotations, quantity surveys, take-offs, purchase orders and other pertinent documents affecting estimates.
- Provides input to contracting strategy including methodologies, bid analysis and consulting on selection/award.
- Conducts risk assessments on estimates and develops contingency and other allowances.
- Organizes and leads estimate reviews with discipline engineers, project management, construction and subcontractors as necessary. Presents estimate summary to project management and company leadership as appropriate.
- Manages and maintains estimate database including industry benchmarks and historical site data. Evaluates and reports on performance targets.
- Assists with development and maintenance of company estimating procedures and practices.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or relevant technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ cost estimating experience in heavy industry required.
- Experience with unit price, fixed price and reimbursable contracts required.
- Experience with project management software such as KBase®, Primavera, Microsoft Office Project etc. required.
- Field construction experience in oil and gas industry preferred.
- Experience using MS Office programs including Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience using SAP platform
- Experience using Prometheus scheduling software.
- Ability to prioritize work load based on business and operational needs.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Engineering || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 74083