Senior Environmental Specialist (76244)
Requisition ID: 76244
Provides environmental support for the Andeavor Logistics Gathering and Processing operations in North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, and Texas. Provides environmental oversight and consultation for various facilities such as compressor stations, crude oil stations, gathering facilities, and gas plants. Provides technical and subject matter expertise in the areas of multimedia (water, waste, vegetative management, spill prevention, etc.) compliance and permitting. Works under general supervision to oversee regional environmental compliance and works closely with engineering and operating personnel to ensure that complex rules/regulations and requirements are understood and met.
- Provides leadership, direction, and support and is accountable to ensure environmental programs and processes are compliant with applicable rules, regulations, and company policy.
- Provides multimedia environmental support and guidance on complex regulatory issues. Supports and maintains systems that are in place to ensure that environmental compliance requirements are properly managed.
- Supports processes to ensure that environmental risks of new projects are understood and mitigated and provides routine status updates to stakeholders.
- Conducts field visits and assists in the environmental self-auditing program across all regions.
- Implements environmental programs and strategies consistent with annual performance goals and industry best practices.
- Maintains documentation of required compliance records.
- Develops and conducts environmental training and education. Develops and shares best practices across the region and company and works to ensure that the environmental risks for the region are understood and that mitigation plans are in place.
- Verifies compliance with applicable regulations and permits based on field logs and electronic data, communicate compliance status / issues to Management and Operations, and prepare required notifications, reports, and certifications.
- Supports incident review and including assessment of potential risks and root cause analysis.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental, science or other related discipline required.
- Minimum four years’ experience environmental experience in the petroleum industry required. Midstream preferred.
- Working knowledge of USEPA multimedia regulations
- 25% travel is required
- Effective communication and negotiating skills for regular interactions with a variety of stakeholders including federal, state and local government agencies and consultants/contractors.
**** Role can be based out of Mandan, ND, Dickinson, ND, or Denver, CO ****
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Denver || Colorado || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 80202 ||
Job Reference #: 76244