Senior Engineer, Projects (76315)
Requisition ID: 76315
Accountable for assigned projects overall execution and success under the Company’s existing processes and procedures. Provides engineering technical expertise and project management for capital and expense projects from conceptual design through detailed engineering, execution and start-up, and final close-out.
- Provides engineering support during project development (Conceptualization/Appraise and Feasibility/Select stages) by vetting resource estimates, schedules, business benefits, environmental/health/safety impacts and risk assessment for proposed development concepts. Leads project feasibility and economic analyses by Process Development. Coordinates and/or conducts preparation of budgets, cost estimates and Authorization for Expenditures (AFEs).
- During Define state, leads Engineering Alliance partner firm and others to perform design calculations and oversees contractors in preparation of detailed engineering design. Generates construction packages. Defines technical specifications for equipment. Completes hazard, operability and maintainability reviews. Coordinates preparation of environmental management plan with EHS. Leads and coordinates resource forecasts (funding, equipment, materials, facilities, Alliance contractors, company personnel) and finalizes Project Execution Plan. Completes risk register and mitigation/ response plan.
- Collaborates with Procurement to develop and implement procurement and contracting strategies to meet project requirements. Assures definition of technical specifications for equipment and materials acquisition. Provides input into contractor pre-qualification process. Evaluates bids and selects bidders.
- Provides technical and administrative project management support during Execution stage. Revises engineering standards Ensures compliance with refinery policies and procedures including stewardship of project management of change (MOC).
- Works with Project Controls to ensure optimization of project resources within budget and established quality, cost and schedule parameters. Conducts productivity analysis to identify and resolve critical variances. Maintains accurate and current project documentation. Develops start-up manuals, operating and emergency response procedures, training materials, etc.
- When necessary, works extended hours, including nights and weekends, in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather.
Experience and Education
- Minimum undergraduate engineering degree required.
- Minimum 10 years refinery engineering experience with minimum 5 years project engineering and/or project management experience required.
- Strong communications skills, good work ethics, team-work oriented, organized, committed to continuous improvement, driven by clear work processes and high-performance oriented
**This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications. **
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || None || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 76315