Senior Engineer, Corrosion (75462)
Requisition ID: 75462
Provides corrosion and metallurgical/materials engineering expertise and support to refineries. This engineer would be responsible for providing subject matter expert support to a large, fully integrated refinery on the Los Angeles area. Responsibilities include materials selection, major equipment fabrication support, failure & root cause analysis, turnaround scope development, turnaround support, damage mechanism identification and risk based inspection support
- Provides stewardship and consulting support for risk based inspection (RBI) process unit corrosion studies and Integrity Operating Window (IOW) reviews. Provides technical support for updating and implementing RBI inspection strategies for various damage mechanisms.
- Has a working knowledge degradation mechanism and fabrication related ASME, API and NACE documents.
- Provides technical support for major capital projects including material selection, specification selection, review of contractor specifications, and fabrication procedure reviews.
- Conducts periodic comprehensive reviews for special emphasis damage mechanism such as ammonium bisulfide corrosion and high temperature hydrogen attack using Industry and Company Practices.
- Provides on-site technical support for significant inspection or repair activities.
- Acts as subject matter expert in the areas of welding, damage mechanism assessment and fitness for service. Provides technical support to refineries for fitness-for-service exercises.
- Facilitates failure analyses of significant fixed equipment loss of containment incidents and participates in incident investigations as required.
- Provides consulting support for use of corrosion monitoring technologies.
Experience and Education
- Minimum undergraduate degree in metallurgical/materials engineering or chemical engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience refining industry experience with at least 5 years’ experience supporting inspection or corrosion engineering activities.
- Experience working as primary field engineer for at least one major complex turnaround is preferred.
- Experience in use of RBI software and conduct of risk assessment preferred.
- Must be able to climb ladders, enter towers, examine remote equipment and work within confined spaces.
**This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.**
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || None || |Refinery Operations || 90810 ||
Job Reference #: 75462