Senior Buyer - Mexico City (75621)
Requisition ID: 75621
Purchases materials, equipment, and incidental services for assigned areas in best interests of company. Provide daily support to the in-country director and team as needed.
- Handle and resolve vendor invoice matters;
- Daily communication with domestic team for reconciliation of charge /expense accounts;
- Communication with customs and broker(s) for international shipments;
- Ensure compliance with trade laws for import of goods to Mexico;
- Reconciliation of vendor invoices and payables;
- First point of contact for escalation with supplier performance issues;
- Compliance with relevant Mexico contract and anti-corruption regulations (e.g. wet contracts, PO’s, audits, etc.)
- Administration of original contracts to minimize shipping costs;
- Track of status of ancillary work needed to support Mexico operations;
- Immediate front-line support for matters between Pemex and stakeholders;
- Attend onsite meetings with current and potential vendors; and
- Manage quick sourcing items (e.g. repairs and maintenance, cell phones, building and permits, interpreters and translation of documents, testing laboratories, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Buyer in procurement contract administration or related experience required.
- Language skill: Fluent in English and Spanish.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Mexico City || Mexico || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-1 || |Other Corporate Functions || 00810 ||
Job Reference #: 75621