Senior Accountant, Refining (74761)
Requisition ID: 74761
Senior Accountant- Refining
This position works with the site Analytics team to provide financial leadership to Refining business unit in the areas of financial accounting and compliance. Administers and interprets accounting principles and corporate policies and procedures applicable to local operations.
- Manages refinery accounting close process to ensure activities are recorded accurately, on schedule and in compliance with GAAP/FASB requirements and corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepares journal entries, accruals, and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Analyzes, records and maintains SAP accounting records related to transactions including variable expenses, fixed expenses, and capital expenditures to ensure accurate balance sheet, income statement and profit margin reporting.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies related to general accounting processes.
- Supports process improvement and recommends ways to reduce costs or improve processes and standards.
- Works independently on month-end closing procedures and assists team as needed.
- May work on special projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in accounting, business or related field required.
- Minimum 4 years of accounting/finance experience.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements and reports, and ledgers and journals.
- Proficient in using accounting or related systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and promote teamwork.
- Ability to effectively interact with management.
- Ability to cross-train at other assigned plants to ensure efficient coverage of department responsibilities.
- Ability to travel.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 74761