Senior Accountant, Logistics (76444)
Requisition ID: 76444
Senior Accountant, Logistics
Performs a variety of moderately to highly complex accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with Business Development, Contracts and Legal to identify new or modified arrangements and to understand key terms, conditions and business intent.
- Coordinate with Logistics accounting teams, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting to determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Document key provisions of new arrangements, along with the related accounting impacts and disclosure implications
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
- May document, update, and maintain internal procedures or work on special projects.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced accountants. May train or review the work of others.
- Prepares analysis and financial reports, statements or related disclosures, which may include profit and loss statements, balance sheets, depreciation statements, cash flow, variance analysis, regulatory reports and filings.
- Prepares schedules for internal groups and external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements and reports, and ledgers and journals
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in using accounting or related systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review and analyze complex accounting information
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex accounting issues
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and promote teamwork
- Ability to effectively interact with management
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 76444