Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable (71761)
Requisition ID: 71761
Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable
Performs a variety of moderately to highly complex accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
- Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts.
- Identifies costs and efficiency gaps and recommends ways to reduce costs or improve processes and standards.
- May provide accounting advice to leadership to assist them in managing their financial responsibilities.
- May document, update, and maintain internal procedures or work on special projects.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced accountants. May train or review the work of others.
- Escheats uncashed checks in accordance with state guidelines.
- Coordinates testing and automation of systems. Develops test cases and documents results.
- Files IRS Tax form 1099 Misc annually and prepares 1099s for the Board of Directors.
- Facilitates payments between Tesoro Companies and Tesoro Logistics LLC and works with various departments to ensure intercompany transactions are balanced at month-end.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum 4 years accounting/finance experience.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-RD-1 || |Accounting & Finance || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 71761