Security Supervisor - Los Angeles (75941)
Requisition ID: 75941
Oversees and coordinates physical security programs for assigned industrial facility to ensure compliance with established security policies and procedures. As needed provides guidance and work direction to contract security force.
- Oversees corporate physical security programs and practices at assigned industrial site ensuring integration with facility’s safety, environmental, and emergency response programs. Uses metrics to assess performance. As needed, recommends corrective actions to close performance gaps. Conducts training for facility personnel.
- Participates in physical security risk assessment of facility to identify vulnerabilities such as, but not limited to, construction and physical layout of facility, geographical location. Examines areas of exposure and analyzes logs incident data. Interviews site stakeholders for critical insights and information about situations and procedures. Determines likelihood of threat and recommends appropriate countermeasures to reduce risk.
- At some sites provides work direction to contract security force. Coordinates scheduling with security provider to ensure adequate shift coverage. Conducts inspections to ensure compliance with general and specific post orders. Conducts incident investigations to determine root cause.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with local law enforcement agencies.
- Participates in development of facility’s physical security plan and site’s emergency management and contingency plan preparations.
- Provides input for preparation and management of capital and expense budgets for regional security operations.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 5 years security, military, law enforcement or safety experience required.
- Must have physical ability to perform all essential job duties and work extended hours, including nights and weekends. Extensive walking. Work may be conducted during periods of inclement weather. Must have physical ability to access all areas of industrial facilities including stairs and/or ladders to conduct physical inspections.
- Basic knowledge of physical security measures such as, but not limited to, intrusion detection systems, monitoring, fencing.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Los Angeles || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 90744 ||
Job Reference #: 75941