Safety Specialist - Trucking (75442)
Requisition ID: 75442
Ensures company’s motor carrier fleets are operated and maintained in a safe manner and in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. Supports the Logistics business unit in its goal of continuous safety performance improvement and regulatory compliance. Maintains expert knowledge of federal and state commercial motor vehicle (CMV) regulations, including those of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and the states of California and Alaska in which logistics operates CMV’s.
- Provides oversight an leads the development and implementation of Logistics Standards and initiatives related to motor carrier transportation safety.
- Develops and delivers compliance strategies for federal and state motor carrier safety regulations, including but not limited to, USDOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), US DOT Interstate Operating Authority (MC#), CA and Alaska state laws and regulations.
- Assists fleet leadership in injury case management, site safety assessments, safety observations, and other safety support functions as requested.
- Serves as Program Administrator of Andeavors in-cab driver safety program for all Logistics vehicles; analyza safety data and advice local fleet managers on opportunities for safety improvement.
- Serves on the Fleet Safety Steering Committee and promote fleet safety campaigns and recognition programs.
- Serves as Andeavor representative for motor carrier transporation associations.
- Serves on the California Trucking and Alaska Trucking Association Safety Committee
- Serves as the liasion with motor carrier regulatory agencies and represents Andeavor during agency audits.
- Monitors and evaluates new laws and regulations which will impact Andeavor's motor carrier fleets. Interprets safety regulations and policies, and provides guidance to the Business Unit leadership and HSE staff as appropriate.
- Participates in or leads Root Cause Analysis Investigations into safety incidents related to fleet operations.
- Provides compliance assurance for Andeavor and contracted carrier fleets, to include vetting of new contract carriers.
- Minimum undergraduate degree preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five years of experience in motor carrier fleet operations, safety, compliance, and/or management required.
- Strong knolwedge of federal and state motor carrier regulations is required.
- Expert knowledge with California and Alaska motor carrier regulations.
- Current or past Commercial Driver's License.
- Current or past Crude Gathering, Clean Product, Commercial deliveries is required.
- Proficient in writing and maintaining regulatory programs, standards, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of Occupations Safety and Health regulations
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze regulations and identify and succinctly communicate applicable requirement is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in interactions with regulatory agencies, Operations staff, and Management is required.
Requires: working additional hours, weekends, and/or holidays, day and night, on-call 24/7 to ensure the safe and compliant operations of the fleet and to meet all deadlines, -40% travel on and off road; ability to distinguish distance between objects. Conditions include climbing ladders, connection and disconnection of product fittings at both the loading rack and gas station. Conditions include accessing and egress from transports and commercial above ground tanks. Conditions include working in elevated and reduced temperature environment. Conditions require working around facilities and equipment that may have hydrcarbon odors.
***** Role can be based out of Long Beach, CA, Colton, CA, or South Gate, CA *****
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 90280 ||
Job Reference #: 75442