Safety Specialist - Trucking (73101)
Requisition ID: 73101
Ensures company’s motor carrier fleets are operated and maintained in a safe manner and in accordance with federal, state and local regulations. Supports the Logistics business unit in its goal of continuous safety performance improvement and regulatory compliance. Maintains expert knowledge of federal and state commercial motor vehicle (CMV) regulations, including those of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and the states of Arizona and Utah in which logistics operates CMV’s.
- Provides oversight and leads the development and implementation of Logistics Standards and initiatives related to motor carrier transportation safety.
- Develops and delivers compliance strategies for federal and state motor carrier safety regulations, including but not limited to, USDOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), US DOT Interstate Operating Authority (MC #), AZ Hazardous Material Transport License, Utah overweight permitting
- Assists fleet leadership in injury case management, site safety assessments, safety observations, and other safety support functions as requested.
- Serves as Program Administrator of Andeavor's in-cab driver safety program for all Logistics vehicles; analyze safety data and advice local fleet managers on opportunities for safety improvement.
- Serves on the Fleet Safety Steering Committee and promote fleet safety campaigns and recognition programs.
- Serves as Andeavor representative for motor carrier transportation associations.
- Serves on the Arizona Trucking and Utah Trucking Association Safety Committee,
- Serves as the liasison with motor carrier regulatory agencies and represents Andeavor during agency audits.
- Monitors and evaluates new laws and regulations which will impact Andeavor's motor carrier fleets. Interpret safety regulations and policies, and provide guidance to the Business Unit leadership and HSE staff as appropriate.
- Participates in or leads Root Cause Analysis Investigations into safety incidents related to fleet operations.
- Provides compliance assurance for Andeavor and contracted carrier fleets, to include vetting of new contract carriers.
- Minimum undergraduate degree preferred; experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Five years of experience in motor carrier fleet operations, safety, compliance, and/or management required.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state motor carrier regulations
- Experience with Arizona and Utah motor carrier regulations is preferred.
- Current or past Commercial Driver's License
- Current or past Crude Gathering or Clean Product delivery
- Proficient in writing and maintaining regulatory programs, standards, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of Occupational Safety & Health regulations
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to analyze regulations and identify and succinctly communicate applicable requirements
- Ability to effectively communicate in interactions with regulatory agencies Operations staff, and Management
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Phoenix || Arizona || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Logistics || 85009 ||
Job Reference #: 73101