Rotating Equipment Engineer (76041)
Requisition ID: 76041
Establishes, implements and maintains standard rotating equipment work processes that incorporate best practices. Provides reliability engineering support to assure availability of plant assets. Encompasses condition monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, project support and equipment modifications. Trains employees in technologies and work practices designed to increase reliability.
- Provides technical engineering support for rotating equipment. Troubleshoots complex rotating equipment problems. Advises on diagnostic techniques including vibration, infrared and oil analysis.
- Provides reliability engineering support to increase operational effectiveness. Analyzes operating data for condition monitoring and to determine performance trends. Troubleshoots equipment problems, conducts root cause analysis of equipment failures and provides engineered resolutions. Identifies value-added improvement opportunities to close performance gaps.
- Participates in reliability or equipment-related incident investigations. Prioritizes action items and follows-up on implementation.
- Documents and maintains reliability databases. Provides direction to plant personnel on interpretation of reliability data, analyses and reporting. Calculates reliability metrics. Performs cost/benefits analysis for technical solutions. Supports bad actor program.
- Assesses, designs and implements preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and reliability continuous improvement programs. Promotes benefits of reliability practices and fosters integration into plant operations. Ensures lessons learned, best practices, reliability action item are implemented. Provides technical expertise on preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
- Provides reliability analysis of proposed equipment modifications to capital projects from conceptual stage through commissioning.
Experience & Education
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline required.
- Minimum 7 years reliability engineering experience in a refining industry required.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Dickinson || North Dakota || United States (US) || None || |Refinery Operations || 58601 ||
Job Reference #: 76041