Retail Store Relief Manager
General Job Summary
Assists the store manager in operating a profitable, clean, well-merchandised convenience store, with the primary purpose being to manage the store operations and staff in the absence of the manager. Trains and supervises employees to provide high quality customer service. Supports the manager and staff to reach the store's goals. Represents Western Refining in a professional manner in all dealings with employees, vendors and customers.
Core Employee Responsibilities
- Look for opportunities to help co-workers in your department and all individuals in other departments or divisions throughout the company. Offer your services or assistance to make their job easier and to increase their effectiveness and job satisfaction.
- Always be willing to make a genuine effort to help with any task, job function, or project that you are requested to assist with.
- Do everything that you can to make all new Western Refining personnel feel welcome, comfortable, and accepted as a contributing member of our successful team.
- Always display a positive customer service attitude, far beyond what would be expected, to all co-workers in all departments or divisions of the Company, and to all outside customers, vendors, suppliers, shareholders, and investors.
- Look for opportunities to contribute to the Company's success in every way possible. Protect company assets, use supplies wisely, take pride in your job and all company facilities, and bring to the attention of your supervisor all situations, at any level, that do not meet the Company's standards, policies, and procedures or are inconsistent with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Major Job Tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
10. Ability to read and understand documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
11. Ability to follow general oral or written instructions, standard procedures, and operating guidelines.
12. Ability to provide support to other employees by being directly responsible for finding out what information, services, or support other employees need to do their job.
13. Ability to follow store policies and procedures during emergency situations.
14. Ability to plan and schedule activities over the course of a month, including regular review and coordination of activities required for implementation.
15. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
16. Ability to work effectively with limited supervisory guidance. General internal policies, guidelines, and procedures are utilized.
17. Ability to make daily bank deposits.
Leads the work of others within the work unit by training, allocating, and monitoring work. Generally performs work of a similar nature.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2020 Autumn Sage NE Rio Rch NM - 6079,Rio Rancho,New Mexico,87144,United States
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 5000117292506