General Job Summary
Operates a profitable, clean, well-merchandised convenience store. Hires, trains and supervises store personnel to provide high quality customer service. Maintains cash, inventory and expense control at satisfactory levels. Represents Western Refining in a professional manner in all dealings with employees, vendors and customers.
Major Job Tasks
- Supervises all areas of the day to day operations of the store and is on call as needed. Ensures all customers receive the highest level of customer service including greeting, suggestive selling, thanks and return, while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism.
- Hires, trains and develops store employees to maximize their potential for growth within the company. Evaluates employees on a monthly and annual basis keeping consistent with company evaluation guidelines. Ensures shifts are fully staffed, filling in for absent employees when necessary.
- Communicates store goals to all employees. Directs merchandise and promotional activities to increase revenues. Controls and maintains proper inventory levels. Increases sales by ensuring employees comply with suggestive selling program. Meets or exceeds budgetary goals, guidelines and objectives.
- Accurately completes Daily Sales Report in a timely manner. Processes invoices daily, and processes payroll accurately utilizing PDI system. Tracks sales, monitors markdown sheets and transfers to control store accountability. Completes all required logs and paperwork. Follows all cash handling procedures involving cash, credit cards, checks, lottery, and drops. Makes bank deposits daily and/or as required. Properly and accurately accounts for all sales transactions. Accurately operates cash register, monitors gas console, and all other equipment in the store.
- Increases profit margins effectively through controlling expenses, sales efforts and efficient purchasing. Accurately documents all reductions, price changes and transfers to control inventory shrinkage. Ensures correct pricing of all merchandise.
- Keeps store clean, stocked and in first class condition at all times. Maintains high cleaning standards, including parking lot, restrooms, stockroom and equipment. Clean all spills to remove safety hazards.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed, including alcohol and tobacco sale regulations, to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Practices preventative safety procedures to maintain an accident free workplace. Responds appropriately to emergency situations and report all accidents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of retail operations.
- Knowledge of retail practices and procedures, including personnel policies.
- Mathematical skill to calculate and interpret data using percentages, ratios, averages, and medians.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, facsimile, and copy machine.
- Skill in operating various machines typical in the retail setting, such as cash register, credit card machine, and gas pump console.
- Must have a valid drivers license as well as vehicles current registration and insurance.
- Written communication skill to compose written performance feedback, memos, and reports.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, vendors, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to negotiate agreements favorable to the Company, reconciling differences to arrives at acceptable solutions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to develop and administer an expense budget for a single profit center.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to support other employees by being directly responsible for improving information, services, or support other employees need to do their jobs.
- Ability to persuade others to a course of action by instructing, convincing, or influencing through professional guidance using logic and example.
- Ability to follow store policies and procedures during emergency situations.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over several months, including regular review and coordination of activities required for implementation.
- Ability to develop new ideas and approaches for the creation of new methods, systems, policies or services.
- Ability to define problems, collect incomplete and difficult to obtain data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with periodic guidance and review by upper management. Precedents, professional standards, and general Company practices are utilized.
- Ability to make daily bank deposits.
Leads the work of others within the work unit by training, allocating, and monitoring work. Generally performs work of a similar nature.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seeing: Must be able to see to clean store, stock product, use cash register, gas pump console, and deli equipment. Must be able to read reports and use computer.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit for limited periods of time.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Major job tasks require the ability to stand for entire work shift. Must maintain mobility to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
- Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 50 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major job tasks require constant application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- Work is typically performed in a retail store setting or outside on store grounds.
- Light exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate exposure to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat and cold.
- Moderate exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, and extreme heat.
12900 Edgemere Blvd. El Paso - 6344,El Paso,Texas,79927,United States