Retail Store Assistant Manager California
General Job Summary
Assists the store manager in operating a profitable, clean, well-merchandised convenience store, with the primary purpose being to manage the store operations and staff in the absence of the manager. Trains and supervises employees to provide high quality customer service. Supports the manager and staff to reach the store's goals. Represents Western Refining in a professional manner in all dealings with employees, vendors and customers.
Major Job Tasks
- Manages alternating shifts with the Store Manager. Ensures all customers receive the highest level of customer service including greeting, suggestive selling, thanks and return, always maintaining the highest degree of professionalism.
- Assists in training Sales Associates in all facets of store operations. Assists in evaluating employee performance reporting progress and problems to the store manager. Ensures shifts are fully staffed, filling in for absent employees when necessary.
- Assists manager with completing Daily Sales Report in a timely manner. Processes invoices daily, and process payroll accurately utilizing PDI system. Tracks sales, monitors markdown sheets and transfers to control store accountability. Completes all required logs and paperwork.
- Increases sales by training employees to comply with suggestive selling program. Displays sales merchandise to promote customer awareness and generate additional sales.
- Follows all cash handling procedures involving cash, credit cards, checks, lottery, and drops. Properly and accurately accounts for all sales transactions. Accurately operate cash register and monitor gas console.
- Assists Manager in ordering, pricing, and receiving merchandise. Ensures accurate documentation of all price changes and transfers to control inventory.
- Keeps store clean, stocked and in first class condition at all times. Maintains high cleaning standards including parking lot, restrooms, stockroom, and equipment. Cleans all spills to remove safety hazards.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed, including alcohol and tobacco sale regulations, to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Practices preventative safety procedures to maintain an accident free workplace. Responds appropriately to emergency situations and report all accidents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of retail operations.
- Knowledge of retail practices and procedures, including personnel policies.
- Mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures.
- Computer skill to look up, retrieve, or send data and print standard reports or spreadsheets developed by others.
- Skill in operating various machines typical in the retail setting, such as cash register, credit card machine, and gas pump console.
- Must have a valid drivers license as well as vehicles current registration and insurance.
- Written communication skill to compose written performance feedback, memos, and reports.
- Oral communication skill to give, receive, or exchange information with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to read and understand documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to follow general oral or written instructions, standard procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Ability to provide support to other employees by being directly responsible for finding out what information, services, or support other employees need to do their job.
- Ability to follow store policies and procedures during emergency situations.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over the course of a month, including regular review and coordination of activities required for implementation.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervisory guidance. General internal policies, guidelines, and procedures are utilized.
Leads the work of others within the work unit by training, allocating, and monitoring work. Generally performs work of a similar nature.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-2 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seeing: Must be able to see to clean store, stock product, use cash register, gas pump console, and deli equipment. Must be able to read reports and use computer.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit for limited periods of time.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Major job tasks require the ability to stand for entire work shift. Must maintain mobility to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
- Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 50 pounds.
- Grasping/Feeling: Major job tasks require constant application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- Work is typically performed in a retail store setting or outside on store grounds.
- Light exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate exposure to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat and cold.
- Moderate to exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, and extreme heat.
SA 8510 Shakopee MN,Minnesota,55379-1869,United States