General Job Summary
Serves customers in a fast, efficient, courteous manner. Keeps the store clean, well stocked, faced and shopable. Works as a team and supports store management in reaching the store goals. Represents Western Refining in a professional manner in all dealings with employees, vendors and customers.
Major Job Tasks
- Accurately operates cash register and monitors gas console. Follows all cash handling procedures involving cash, credit cards, checks, lottery, and drops. Properly and accurately accounts for all sales transactions. Maintains accurate inventory through correct pricing.
- Keeps store clean, stocked and in first class condition at all times. Maintains high cleaning standards including parking lot, restrooms, stockroom, and equipment. Cleans all spills to remove safety hazards.
- Acknowledges all customers and provides the highest level of customer service including greeting, suggestive selling, and thanks while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and encouraging customers to return. Assists customers in locating items in the store.
- Complies with suggestive selling program. Builds displays to promote customer awareness of sale items and generate additional sales
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Mathematical skill to count, copy, and record figures.
- Skill in operating various machines typical in the retail setting, such as cash register, credit card machine, and gas pump console.
- Written communication skill to fill out routine forms and records.
- Oral communication skill to give, receive, or exchange information with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, memos, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to follow specific, step-by-step instructions, standard procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to concentrate on the task being done in spite of distractions from others.
- Ability to identify routine problems and situations that require a decision.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to by waiting on customers in a courteous manner and on a timely basis.
- Ability to work effectively with close and/or general supervisory guidance.
Education and Experience
Less than high school education. No prior experience required; prior experience with cash handling and customer service preferred.
- Seeing: Must be able to see to clean store, stock product, and use cash register, gas pump console, and deli equipment.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit for limited periods of time.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Major job tasks require the ability to stand for entire work shift. Must maintain mobility to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
- Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to stock product and perform cleaning duties inside and outside of store.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 50 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major job tasks require constant application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- Work is typically performed in a retail store setting or outside on store grounds.
- Light exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Moderate exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Moderate exposure to extreme heat and cold (non-weather).
- Moderate exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, and extreme heat.
01 Romeroville, Las Vegas NM - 6078,Las Vegas,New Mexico,87701,United States