Retail Environmental Compliance Administrator (74683)
Requisition ID: 74683
Administers environmental compliance programs for geographic portfolio of retail facilities in CA. Collaborates with retail operations, engineering and maintenance to provide guidance and assistance in meeting compliance responsibilities. Represents company, as designated, with environmental regulatory authorities.
- Regular site visits to retail facilities to perform environmental compliance audits, train site management and interface with regulatory authorities. Identifies environmental exposures and risks. Reports findings to management advising of issues and recommending corrective actions. Works collaboratively with facility personnel to provide guidance and assistance in meeting compliance responsibilities. (30%)
- Coordinate with testing and inspecting contractors. Provide technical assistance with preparation and submission of environmental reports, forms, permits, plans and related documents to regulatory authorities. (20%)
- Represents company, as designated, in discussions and negotiations with regulatory authorities. (20%)
- Responds to emergency or spill situations at retail facilities and notifies regulatory authorities, as appropriate. (10%)
- Develops and implements programs and initiatives to promote continuous improvement in environmental compliance. Through training and consultation promotes awareness of environmental regulations and best practices. (10%)
- Maintains knowledge of current federal/state/local environmental regulations impacting retail facilities. Analyzes new/revised laws/rules to determine applicability. Informs management of impacts and advises on recommended actions to ensure compliance. (10%)
- Minimum high school diploma or GED with minimum of 5 years environmental experience in petrochemical industry required.
- Undergraduate degree in environmental science or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 5 years environmental compliance experience in petroleum industry or professional consulting on environmental regulations, assessments, permitting and reporting for petroleum industry.
- Travel estimated @ 50%.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Environmental, Health, Safety & Security; Refinery Operations || 90744 ||
Job Reference #: 74683