Refinery Trainer - Environmental, Health & Safety (76445)
Requisition ID: 76445
Develops and delivers refinery’s in-house training programs for assigned area of responsibility. Ensures refinery personnel receive job-specific training in accordance with company and industry standards and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Identifies, assesses and prioritizes learning needs in consultation with refinery management. Evaluates compliance training programs and recommends changes to meet applicable regulatory requirements such as Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OHSA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
Designs training plans detailing learning objectives, course content, delivery methods, and timelines in consultation with subject matter experts. Collaborates with corporate technical training group on implementation of standardized training programs.
- As needed develops and produces learning materials ensuring content is current and consistent with established standards, processes, protocols and procedures.
Delivers training. Coordinates employees’ transition from classroom to department. Conducts post-training evaluations and follows up to ensure transfer of learning. May coordinate training logistics, such as scheduling, site preparation. Maintains employee training records. Makes recommendations to improve effectiveness in meeting stated outcomes
Develops and maintains manuals, procedures for assigned area of responsibility.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 5 years’ refinery experience required.
- Knowledge of managing LMS systems.
- Experience facilitating classroom learning delivery and coordinating annual Learning Strategy.
- Prior Environmental, Health & Safety field experience welcomed.
- Trainer L&D certification preferred.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Martinez || California || United States (US) || None || |Refinery Operations || 94553 ||
Job Reference #: 76445