Rail Specialist (76724)
Requisition ID: 76724
Ensures that the company’s fleet of tank cars are maintained in a safe and cost-effective manner and in accordance with all contracts. Provides tank car subject matter expertise for the company and ensures that the railcars are maintained in compliance with all US DOT, AAR and other applicable regulations. Coordinates with various refinery personnel, suppliers, repair crews, shops and rail schedulers. Maintains rail repair records and performs system reporting per company requirements. Subject to on-call coverage.
- Manage and track tank car repairs, maintenance programs and regulatory testing using in-house and third-party systems. Review, audit and approve estimates and invoices.
- Interface with lessors, private shops, mobile repair crews to return bad-ordered cars back into service quickly and economically.
- Provide reporting and analysis of rail fleet data, repair info and maintenance projects to senior management.
- Track all relevant data on railcar fleet leases and provide reporting and updates to various business units.
- Ensure relevant fleet data is captured accurately and recorded, including repair data. Provide timely and accurate railcar repair information to management.
- Prepare, update and analyze budgets for tank car maintenance spending.
- Maintain and update company minimum requirement standards for fleet of tank cars including gasket and o-ring specifications per commodity.
- Focus on continuously increasing efficiency while minimizing maintenance costs. Identify and communicate cost saving opportunities. Work with internal customers and suppliers to maintain usable supply of rolling stock needed to support the company’s commercial and refining operations.
- Establish and sustain industry relationships pertaining to repair and fleet equipment matters.
- Point of contact for other departments for tank car maintenance and repair issues.
- Able to present rail fleet solutions to solve complex commercial and refining needs.
- Perform and coordinate tank car inspections as required including new car build programs.
- Submit OTMA’s (One Time Movement Approvals) with the Federal Railroad Administration and ensure cars are moving in compliance to repair shops.
- Minimum High Scholl Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 years of rail experience or proven execution of equal ability in the transportation or refining industry required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of AAR Interchange rules
- Working knowledge of US DOT & AAR standards for tank cars
- ShipXpress software experience
- Microsoft Power BI and Project
- Tank car and Refinery experience
- One Time Movement Approvals
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 76724