Rail Scheduler (74927)
Requisition ID: 74927
Schedules shipments of products by rail to ensure timely delivery to refineries and/or customers. Improves Tesoro’s profitability through effective utilization of logistics infrastructure to minimize transportation costs. Monitors daily operational status of Tesoro’s rail shipments for assigned commodities. Coordinates with various refinery personnel, suppliers, planning groups, and commercial schedulers. Maintains rail shipment records and performs system reporting per company requirements. Subject to on-call coverage.
- Schedules rail movements using proprietary, railroad, and third-party scheduling systems. Responds to unexpected events making contingency arrangements to minimize disruption of product supply. Ensures relevant data is captured accurately and recorded, including shipment information.
- Identifies and communicates commercial/operational opportunities. Focuses continuously on increasing transportation efficiency while minimizing per barrel rail transportation costs. Works with internal customers and suppliers to maintain supply of rolling stock needed to support Tesoro’s commercial and refining operations
- Communicates and verifies planned rail movements as well as status with Tesoro’s refining and commercial teams. Establishes and sustains industry relationships pertaining to transportation, and logistical issues.
- Provides timely and accurate railcar movement information to commercial schedulers.
- Point of contact to other departments for rail scheduling clarification or issues.
- Develops plans to support refining turnarounds and multi-faceted logistics operations. Able to present rail solutions to solve complex commercial and refining needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Minimum 1 years of rail scheduling experience or proven execution of equal ability in the transportation or refining industry required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with ShipXpress software a plus.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 78259 ||
Job Reference #: 74927