Pump Mechanic, Pipeline
Qualified candidate will be responsible for operation of all pumps at the pipeline facilities, make modifications and maintain all pipeline facilities Serve as a member of the Pump Mechanic Maintenance work force and perform tasks such as repair, install, prime, align, and overhaul pumps. Also perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, vibration readings, and system failure analysis.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer other than current employer without sponsorship (i.e. must be either US citizen or US Permanent Resident).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in using a computer.
- Mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, facsimile, and copy machine.
- Written communication skill to compose letters, memos, and basic reports.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to provide support to other employees by providing them with accurate information and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over the course of a month including identification of resources, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up activities.
- Ability to identify, define, and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work effectively with general supervisory guidance. Operating guidelines, standard procedures, or written manuals are utilized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to see to use hand and/or power tools.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Must be able to sit for limited periods of time.
- Must be able to stand use hand and/or power tools. Must maintain mobility to perform duties inside and outside of buildings. Must be able to work off a step ladder.
- Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop to use hand and/or power tools.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Heavy physical effort up to 100 pounds.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- Work is typically performed in a garage, warehouse, or outside on company grounds.
- Light exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals
- .Moderate exposure to extreme heat and cold, moving mechanical parts, high and unstable places, loud noise, and bright or dim lighting.
- Moderate to heavy exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, and extreme heat.
Carlsbad Pipeline - P1,Carlsbad,New Mexico,88220,United States
Job Reference #: 5000366776206