Pump Mechanic - Carlsbad (73365)
Requisition ID: 73365
Qualified candidate will be responsible for operation of all pumps at the pipeline facilities, make modifications and maintain all pipeline facilities Serve as a member of the Pump Mechanic Maintenance work force and perform tasks such as repair, install, prime, align, and overhaul pumps. Also perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, vibration readings, and system failure analysis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of department practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and skill in using a computer.
- Mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply, or divide numbers for balancing or compiling figures.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, facsimile, and copy machine.
- Written communication skill to compose letters, memos, and basic reports.
- Oral communication skill to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service by answering questions, providing accurate information, and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to provide support to other employees by providing them with accurate information and responding to requests on a timely basis.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
- Ability to plan and schedule activities over the course of a month including identification of resources, implementation, monitoring, and follow-up activities.
- Ability to identify, define, and solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work effectively with general supervisory guidance. Operating guidelines, standard procedures, or written manuals are utilized.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
- Vocational or specialized training and 3-12 months experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clean MVR, current valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
- 2-4 years pump mechanic experience a must
- Knowledge of a technical or specialized field, such as pipeline operations
- Must have working experience in pd pumps and centrifugal pumps
- Ability to Operate Heavy Equipment a plus
- CDL preferred
- Heavy physical effort up to 75 pounds
- Climb heights of 60 feet
- Must be able to travel overnight
- Pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and physical
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable motor vehicle record necessary to meet company's insurability requirements
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Carlsbad || New Mexico || United States (US) || None || |Logistics || 88220 ||
Job Reference #: 73365