Project Engineer (74265)
Requisition ID: 74265
Performs Project Engineer duties during Appraise, Select, Define, Execute and Start-Up phases of refinery capital projects. Member of cross-functional team for Project Execution stage or completion of detailed design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment. Most projects assigned will be focused on electrical, controls, and/or instrumentation upgrades.
- Collaborates with affected departments during gated Front-End Loading (Apprise, Select and Define stages where projects are initiated, concepts selected and front-end definitions developed) to vet resource estimates, schedules, business benefits, environmental/health/safety impacts. Provides input on technical reviews to ensure detailed engineering meets corporate engineering standards. Develops project feasibility and economic analysis to determine viability. Prepares decision support packages for review and approval by management.
- Monitors and controls project performance during Project Execution stage to ensure project meets agreed quality, cost and time parameters in safe and environmentally sound manner. May have contractor oversight.
- Collaborates with Project Controls on project administration (scheduling, estimating, cost management, schedule management etc) so that project resources are optimized. Conducts productivity analysis to identify and resolve critical variances.
- Coordinates with Procurement in development of contracting plan for resources.
- Identifies risk factors and ranks as of level of threat posed to project’s success during technical and location-oriented risk assessment. Develops and implements risk response plan to monitor and control risks throughout project lifecycle.
- Maintains accurate and current project documentation. Develops start-up manuals, operating and emergency response procedures, training materials, etc.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in electrical engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Refining or a similar industry with minimum 2 years project engineering and/or project management experience required.
**This position is part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications**
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Mandan || North Dakota || United States (US) || SF:LI-EQ1 || |Engineering; Refinery Operations || 58554 ||
Job Reference #: 74265