Requisition ID: 74763
Supports development and deployment of project control processes, methodologies, systems and tools to improve management and execution of projects throughout Tesoro refining and logistics major capital projects. Works closely with individual Project Managers to develop and maintain project estimates, schedules, and capital project cost forecasts. Increases awareness and acceptance of project controls benefits and utilization within project organizations.
- Assists in development and deployment of standardized project control processes, systems and tools to improve project execution and forecast accuracy; together with the reporting requirements and tools. Reports findings to senior management and refinery leadership. Identifies improvements and institutes enhancements incorporating industry best practices.
- Provides project controls expertise to refineries and Logistics organizations. Interfaces routinely with leadership and project teams to promote effective utilization of project control function and resolve challenges. Provides on-site project controls support during Front End Loading (FEL) and execution phases. Trains and mentors staffs to ensure consistent application of project controls.
- Oversees all aspects of major capital projects direct and indirect costs, budgets and allocations, including participation in project "health checks".
- Oversees development and maintenance of consolidated master schedule for major capital project program including coordination and collaboration with projects and process unit turnarounds as required. Prepares forward-looking manpower planning, metrics and trends.
- Collaborates with Project Managers to review and validate progress and spend curves. Links change management to latest estimate and schedules. Reviews contingency/reserve progression to assess effects on capital program costs; communicates budget & forecast exposures.
- Interfaces with Information Technology and corporate Finance/Accounting groups to ensure proper capture of cost data from enterprise accounting system and integration into project control reports.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or relevant technical discipline preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ broad project controls experience working with capital projects in related industry with increasingly responsible roles required.
- Planning and scheduling experience with Primavera required.
- Experience with refining capital projects, pipeline or terminal-related industry preferred.
- Knowledge of relational databases, business planning & forecasting, and SAP preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with spreadsheets and presentations using Microsoft Office 365.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || Long Beach || California || United States (US) || SF:LI-AS-1 || |Refinery Operations || 90810 ||