Process Controls Engineer- El Paso, TX (76143)
Requisition ID: 76143
Provides process control engineering solutions and support to refinery Operations and Technical teams. Implements and sustains best practices for value-driven, loop tuning, complex PID loops, inferential estimators, and multivariable predictive controls to reduce variation and achieve profitability.
- Keeps abreast of evolving technical research and new technologies relative to multivariable control, linear algebra, numerical optimization and estimation theory and related topics.
· Minimum Bachelors of Science in chemical engineering required.
· Advanced engineering degree preferred.
· Minimum 5 years engineering experience in refining and/or petrochemical industry with ability to learn dynamic matrix control.
· Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work with plant operators and applying current process control theory including multivariable model-based predictive control and inferential technologies to refining process units.
· Proficient in configuration and implementation of Aspen Manufacturing Suite (APC/IQ specific).
Knowledge of Honeywell TPS/Experion DCS systems.
Andeavor, formerly Tesoro, is a premier refining, marketing and logistics company in the western United States. Our Company operates 10 refineries with a combined capacity of approximately 1.2 million barrels per day, an extensive logistics network, and a retail-marketing system that includes approximately 3,000 retail stations marketed under multiple well-known fuel brands. We employ more than 13,000 talented people.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || El Paso || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-LW1 || |Engineering || 78261 ||