Process Control Engineer
Process Control Engineer designs, develops, implements, and supports control system applications used by Western Refining. Provides technical support to all refinery departments and ensures a safe, efficient, and timely execution of projects. Analyzes end-user functional requirements and determines appropriate automated information solutions based on company hardware, software and communication equipment constraints and standards.
ESSENTIAL POSITON FUNCTIONS
- Provide engineering support for Honeywell TDC3000, Honeywell Experion, Marketing Terminal, and Asphalt Plant Control systems to include (software, hardware, metering devices and instrumentation).
- Design, implement, and support Advanced Process Controls (AspenTech DMC).
- Provide programming and hardware support for plant programmable logic controllers (PLC's).
- Provide programming and hardware support for plant safety shutdown systems (Triconex and Allen Bradley).
- Provide Support to Console Operators for Refinery Optimization and Thru-Put objectives.
- Provide engineering support for systems integrations, projects and plant turnarounds
- Provide general support for plant instrumentation.
- Keep up with new technologies, training and development. Shares information with team.
- Assist other departments and teams to meet their goals and work processes.
- Support off-hours duties like plant shutdowns and routine 24 hour on-call support.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering desired.
- Minimum five years engineering experience in a refinery or petrochemical operating environment required.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production petrochemical equipment and facilities.
- Knowledge of Honeywell control systems and understanding of control and process interactions desired
- Knowledge of AspenTech DMC or Honeywell Profit Controller desired.
- Ability to communicate easily with a wide variety of audiences including management as well as external vendors.
- Ability to express thoughts in a clear concise manner both orally and written.
- Ability to communicate well in person, over the phone and through E-mail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan multiple work activities with varying deadlines and complexities.
- Ability to respond to changing business requirements and priorities.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional environment with a variety of technical, finance and support groups.
- Thinks and works independently, yet shares ideas and works toward team goals.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
- Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must be able to stand and walk distances of up to ¼ mile.
- Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, stoop
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
- The employee will be required to lift and carry a 20 pound file box from a floor to shoulder height
- This is a safety sensitive position: will have to pass a physical fitness test, drug screening, and background check. In addition, they will be subject to random drug testing.
- Must comply with OSHA Respiratory Protection guidelines and the company respiratory protection program which includes a medical evaluation and fit test to determine the ability to wear a respirator. Must be able to don appropriate respiratory equipment to protect the employee whenever respirators are required.
- Work is typically performed inside a regular office in an oil refinery setting.
- Some analysis and troubleshooting may require trips into the refinery setting. Proper PPE and training will be supplied and adherence to all safety and operational procedures will need to be followed.
- Light exposure to electrical shock, bright or dim lighting, wet or humid conditions, and extreme heat (non-weather).
- Light exposure to extreme heat and cold, moving mechanical parts, loud noise, and vibrations.
- Light exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, snow and heat.
El Paso TX Refinery - ER200,El Paso,Texas,79905,United States
Job Reference #: 5000352772206