Process Control Engineer
Provides process control engineering support for refinery operations and capital projects. Ensures refinery process unit static and dynamic control objectives are met through tuning, development of control strategies and troubleshooting existing regulatory and multi-variable control configurations for continuous operations in refinery process units. Works with variety of departments including Operations, Process Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Economics & Planning and Maintenance as well as outside consultants and vendors.
- Provides process control engineering support for refinery operations and capital projects using dynamic engineering techniques bringing time and frequency domains to normal engineering tools. Ensures process units behave as linearly and predictively as possible. Utilizes Bode plots, Nyquist diagrams, material and energy balance in tuning/troubleshooting and multi-variable control configurations fore efficient and profitable operations in refinery process units.
- Provides a day to day support for multi-variable controllers to model certainty throughout assigned refinery process units. Works with Process Engineering, Economics & Planning and APC (advanced process control) team, where applicable for solutions to moderate and more complex problems.
- Stays abreast of latest control technology through attendance at technical seminars and technical training.
- Provides capital and expense project support. Under general supervision, conduct feasibility and simulation studies evaluating economic value and impact on existing control systems; instillations. Reviews project documentation, drawings, equipment specifications and complex loop narratives.
- Participates on teams to support refinery activities such as process unit alarm management defect elimination, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and Management of Change (MOC).
- Works extended hours as required, including nights and weekends in process operations environment and during periods of inclement weather. Accesses areas of refinery requiring us of stairs and/or ladders to inspect control equipment.
- Responds to process unit control upsets during off hours. Shares an on-call duty with department engineers.
- Minimum Undergraduate degree in chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering required.
- Minimum 7 years' process or process controls engineering experience in petrochemical industry required.
- Process control engineering experience including implementing and maintaining regulatory control and/or multi-variable control strategies on DCS preferred.
- Advanced Process Control experience preferred.
Gallup NM Refinery - GR208,,New Mexico,87347,United States
Job Reference #: 5000334960806